1. Wet hands first.
2. Use warm water (avoid very hot water to reduce skin irritation).
3. Apply soap and lather up.
4. Rub hands together vigorously and by covering all surfaces (in between fingers, top of hand, wrists) for at least 15 seconds (tip: sing ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…â€œhappy birthday songÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚Â twice to yourself).
5. Clean under fingernails, using the soap and water.
6. Rinse hands with warm water.
7. Dry thoroughly with a disposable towel (do not use the patientÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s hand towels).
8. Use towel to turn off faucet.
9. Use towel to open door.
10. Throw disposable towel in trash